If you are travelling in Cambodia with a going-to-expired visa, please read some information below carefully:
1. If you overstay a visa in Cambodia, USD 6.00 per day will be fined. It is quite expensive; therefore, please find a big and reliable travel agency to extend your visa before it is expired. There are many agencies in Cambodia provide visa extension service, and it is not difficult to find one.
2. Visa validity issued depending on the original visa you have.
– Tourist visa is just permitted to be extended once time with the 30 days validity and no re-entry.
– Business visa can be extended for long periods (up to 1 year), or even extended indefinitely, with multiple entries and exits.
Hence, if you travel Cambodia once more time in the future, please apply for business visa. It costs a little than tourist visa but can be extended for a very longer period. Otherwise, it is very great that the validity of new visa extension is added from the expiration date of your visa. For example, if your visa expires in 6 June and you take a 6 months visa extension, your new visa validity will be from 6 June to 6 December.
3. Documents required for visa extension:
– Passport that remains at least six months validity
– A passport-sized photo. If you do not have photo, do not worry. The agency will help you to get one; the fee is from one to three dollars.
– Extension fee. The fees depend on each agent. It cost around USD 45.00 – USD 50.00 for 1 month, USD 155.00 – USD 165.00 for 6 months and USD 265.00 – USD 285.00 for 12 months.
Both extension takes 2 normal working days (except Saturday, Sunday and public holiday). If you want it extended urgently, extra money for express service is required as certain.
-> Essential information for Vietnam visa extension